Sunday, April 29, 2007

Really late update

So I totally suck with this whole online/check email/update blog thing. Sweaty donkey balls type of suck.

Let's see...


We have been so freaking busy lately. So busy that if we were in Hollywood, we would be checking ourselves into a hospital with exhaustion. It is very rare to have one entire day when we don't have to go anywhere. Today happens to be one of those days, but only because we are blowing off an activity. When the thought of doing something really cool makes you want to curl up in bed and temporarily die, it's time to play hooky (hookey?).

Little Diva and I have been to Minnesota. My brother had double bypass heart surgery. He's a horse though. He's gonna be just fine. His doctor wants him to ride bicycle in the Iron Man competition summer of '08. You can do either 30, 60, or 100 miles. If he gets back to the way he was, 60 miles would be no problem. I can see him going for the 100.

Now that wasn't all that happened because of that trip. I had to make contact with my dad again. I haven't spoken to him in over 10 years. I'm barely interested in how he's doing. But I am an opportunist at times. This was one of those times. Dad sent word through my sister that he would be willing to pay for my plane ticket so I could be there for Mookey's surgery. (Mookey is obviously an alias for my brother.) Dad owes me, so I took him up on his offer, and he flew me and Little Diva up. Now I am just trying to figure out how long I am obligated to talk to him. How much time equals $900?

We went all out for Little Diva's birthday. My baby is 12 years old. Weird, a little creepy, and sooooooooooo much closer to 18 (Yay!). We took her to Wacky Bear and Dollywood (2 different days), plus she had a birthday potluck and a birthday game night. I am so glad it's over until next year. Exhausting just remembering it.

We now have Guitar Hero II here. We are all addicted. I'm not sure which is more addicting: GH II or Need For Speed (especially Most Wanted).

I've gotten better at house work since moving here. I think my mother would be proud. I know I am.

I haven't read a book in a very long time. I miss reading.

We will probably be getting a laptop soon. I think that will make it easier for me to keep this place updated. Any advice on buying a laptop, and/or what I should look for would be appreciated. I want plenty of memory, and a good battery life. Help!

~Do not expand~

No comments: