Friday, January 25, 2008

N'arlins - Here I come!!

We have decided I need some sort of vacation. Some time to get away w/o the fam, w/o all the friends...

It has been decided that I get to go to New Orleans. Partly because I really really want to, and partly because no one dares to tell me I can't.

Dealing with Diva 24/7 in all her tween-ness, plus having to take care of a bunch of adults that I shouldn't have to. Mostly, cuz the majority (if not all) of them are older than me! You can't tell... Freakin' adult children, and me fresh out of maternal instinct!

Anyway, I've been on the edge of going postal, as you all know. Who in their right mind would deny me a break?

My only hang-up is trying to find someone to go with me. Ya know... that I actually want to spend time with. It also has to be a guy. I don't care if that sounds sexist. I need some protection in that city. I may be crazy, but not stupid. There are two I have in mind. One never pisses me off cuz he is so easy going, plus he's a little crazy too. The other one has been there so many times, he could show me all the cool places professional tour guides might not mention. He would also know the stuff I'd want to see... If all three of us went, that'd be just fine too.

I'm thinking March/early April.

I can't believe I finally get to see the city that has been almost an obsession for me!! I have wanted to go there as long as I can remember. I wish I would have made it there before Katrina hit.

That is one regret I can't do anything about. I have tried to make sure I don't have any regrets when I die. I guess I'll have at least one.

There are other places I want to go. I think that is why I feel trapped. I can't just pick up and leave. I feel like I am running out of time. What disaster is going to wipe out New York or Las Vegas? Are the Redwoods going to fall into the ocean? I need to just get up and go, but that is one need that won't be fulfilled.

Damn. This was supposed to be a happy post.

I'm goin' to N'arlins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


~Do not expand~

4 comments:

cricket said...

wooohooooo!!! sounds like an awesome idea, and a much-needed trip! :) you'll take pictures, right?? :)

~J~ said...

Most definitely! If you want to see some great pics before then, go to http://photos.nola.com/photogallery/new_orleans_sights/

I have been saving a ton of them - just so I can get lost in my dream of N'arlins anytime I want.

~J~ said...

http://photos.nola.com/photogallery/new_orleans_sights/

The s/ was left off the first time. Weird...

~J~ said...

It happened again!! I'm putting spaces in this time...
http://photos.nola.com/ photogallery/ new_orleans_sights/