Monday, March 21, 2011

Conclusions? Interpretations? Comments??



Here are copies of two emails. The first one I wrote, and the second is the response I received.

Three very good men got thrown off a neighbor's property, and one of the reasons screamed at my husband (to take back to me one assumes) was that if his "serious bitch" of a wife ever wrote another "fucking email" like that again, blah, blah blah...

Below would be the "fucking email" referenced... ...and the response...

Draw your own conclusions.


Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:50 PM
Subject: A very loving 'heads up'

I feel compelled to write to you both. I have heard at least two stories from people that were unknowingly dosed during last weekend's Festival. In both situations, the person offering 'just a drink' didn't specify what they were sharing. In one case, after a couple swigs of rum, the victim saw faces melting and women with full beards. In another, from the tiniest sip of wine, she couldn't speak coherently for 30 hours afterwards. I heard, not verified, that there was a laced orange soda going around, as well.

I know it wasn't either of you, and I wasn't sure if you were even aware it had happened. Hence, my feeling compelled to write... From all accounts I have heard, it was the same culprits in each instance.

I realize the simple answer is to not drink what is offered to you. That is not the best answer for me, personally. One of the beautiful things about any festival I have been to is the connection, the group mind, the love, and the sharing. If I have to have my guard up for reasons of personal safety and well-being, it is not a place I desire to be.

I love you guys. You have a beautiful vibe. If it was only me I had to look out for, I might feel differently. I cannot be on the lookout for my family at all times, however. It would be very bad if something like that happened to either L---- or A-----.

I really don't know what to do, beyond informing both of you of this activity, and keeping my family safe. Obviously, not the most ideal solution... I want to show my support for your endeavors. How do I do that when a very real element of fear has entered the scene for me and mine? If you have other, better ideas, I would love to know what they are. I think this situation needs to be resolved, for safety reasons, if nothing else.

I love you both. I felt I had to say something. I would hate for either of you to be blindsided later.



May the Goddess Bless You,
~J~
_______________________________________________________________________

RE: A very loving 'heads up' Thursday, March 25, 2010 3:46 PM

Well I assure you we know nothing of this. I doubt it is true. Thanks for your concerns. We certainly don’t want unfounded slanderous rumors like that floating around, in print or orally, so thanks for letting us know. Please erase this email.

[Signed]

No comments: