Monday, September 26, 2005

Oh, hello again

Wow. I haven't posted for a very long time.

I think it might be stress. I have friends that were in real danger from Rita. The bloggy friends from last time + one, and also some from around here. The last time anyone heard from the locals (as far as I know at this moment) was Friday morning. Luckily, they weren't in Rita's direct path - but still could have been affected by the tropical storms. They are sitting on the north side of Lake P.

Actually, the last we heard from my bloggy friends on the Gulf Coast was Friday, too...

Here's hoping they are alive, kickin' and doing good deeds.


As far as Little Diva goes, she has been behaving a lot better since the Big Scare. Once she realized how serious it was, she became just as terrified as I was. She hasn't been perfect by any means - but what child is? *grin* I haven't kept track, but I don't remember any lies this past week either. Maybe scaring the kid is something that should be done on a regular basis? Nah. I couldn't do that.

My sense of time last week was way off. By at least a day. I hope I didn't have anything I had to do last week, because I was officially without a clue. All week I felt like I was forgetting something, but never could figure out what it was. I must have checked my date book at least five times.

I'm hoping Time will return to me this week -- or at the very least, Days. So far, so good. I know it's Monday. I have somewhere to be Tuesday and Wednesday.
and this weekend, I'll be away.

Financial situation for the extras has improved, but not completely saved up. We have the room reserved for the Atlanta trip (don't have the money to pay for the room yet), our Invitational fee has been sent in, and Little Diva is registered. Now we need to find, work for, or whatever the money to make the trip to Atlanta (gas, food, and such - good thing it's only 3 1/2 to 4 hours away), hotel room, food while in Atlanta, and my fine from Kentucky. Ugh.

My birthday is coming up in a week and a half. My in-laws usually send me money (which I'll add to the pot). This year I really need cash. And a shower curtain - I hate mine. I need a shower curtain that is as transparent (clear, not colored) as possible. Hardly any light gets in there. I don't enjoy showering in the dark.

I am learning how to crochet. How cool is that?!?!? Well, I'm excited anyway. Little Diva wants to learn now. I took her sewing machine to a friend to see if she can figure out the (I think) tension problem. I'll find out on Tuesday. Once that's fixed, I can continue to teach her how to sew. There's lots I need to learn too. And I have a friend that is absolutely positively amazing with all crafts. AND she's willing to teach!!! That is so rare! (Yes, this is the same friend that is teaching me how to crochet.)

~Do not expand~

1 comment:

~J~ said...

Oh yeah. On October 5th.
And to add to my sense of No Time, I can't remember if I'll be 31 or 32.

I think 32....