Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Update

...on this crazy thing that is my life.

I spent the day either making myself sick with panic, or sleeping (to escape the panic).

During one of my escape naps, Child Services wakes me up by knocking on the door. Here's me still panicking, but trying not to show it - cuz that would be like admitting guilt, right?
He asks me some questions, fills out a form, etc. The whole time I'm wondering if he is going to tell me I lost my kid.

Eventually, he gets around to telling me he isn't too concerned. He went to Little Diva's school today, and spoke with her. We must have impressed upon her this morning how serious her dramatics were this time - that it was a very real threat. Anyway, she told him the truth. No lies, no exaggerations. Our stories matched. Thank god she pulled through at a very important time!!!

He said he is required to talk with the parent of a referral. She was referred to him yesterday (by the guidance counselor, I'm assuming).

I am still feeling the aftermath of my physically felt panic, but at least I know they aren't taking my baby away.

AND, now child services has a file on me. What a sucky - but could have been worse - day.

~Do not expand~

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, hell. I'm so sorry you're going through all this! ((HUGS))
Call us!
~S & C

~J~ said...

Thanks hon. Everything is all right now, and while it was happening... I didn't feel like talking to anyone. It's all good now, and Little Diva MIGHT have learned a very important lesson. I do know she came home from school extremely happy cuz she "gets to keep us". :D

Cylithria Dubois said...

Damn ~J~ I'm proud of you for hanging in there through this!! You should call the social worker back and ask him what he thinks would be best to do to get Little Diva to understand the severity of the situation..... I'm so glad this worked out for you...... ((((~j)))))

Were heading to Texas so I am stopping by to give you a hug before I go. Take care of you lady Mkay?

Gia said...

That is such a stressful thing! From one mum to another ((((((((((((hug!))))))))

Outburst said...

I can't imagine how hard that is to go through... be strong!

Robin Alexa said...

OMG. That sucks. Glad it worked out okay. Can't you have them rmeove your file since it's been determined that you didn't do anything wrong?