Thursday, March 09, 2006

Travel rant

Okay, so here's the deal: Originally, Me, Little Diva, stepsister, her baby, and my stepfather were supposed to drive up to MN Friday night/Saturday morning. They decided to fly him up instead, and it was going to be me and my stepsister driving up Saturday morning (which I was thrilled about - no stepfather!! woot!) . I still wanted to leave Friday night, but she wasn't budging. So I compromised. Yesterday, I call and leave her a message letting her know my husband would be unable to drive all the way to Clarksville (almost 300 miles from here) just to drop me off, since he had to work on Saturday. She calls me back last night, and tells me she was going to call me tonight (Thursday) to let me know "our" plans had changed. (Think she could have called before then???) "Our" plans now were we had to wait until Monday or Tuesday to leave, cuz they found an apartment and she had to be there when their stuff got delivered cuz her husband had to work (but no understanding for my husband???). That means I wouldn't get to MN until Wed probably. I had already made plans for Sun., Mon., and Tues., and now I would have to rearrange them (or cancel them).
I get that she has to be there, and that they had to find an apt. and all that. Didn't stop me from being pissed though.
And the kicker?? She wasn't willing to meet us partway so we could be dropped off. The halfway point is Cookeville - even then my husband would have to make a 5 hour round trip. She wasn't even willing to meet in Nashville (which is beyond the halfway point - ya know, closer to her). She's been driving so much lately that the thought of it just exhausted her, plus anywhere that we could meet would be in the opposite direction of MN. She basically wanted my husband to make a 10 hour round trip. HELL NO.
I was so pissed last night. I was sitting with my arms crossed trying to hold it in. I was looking around in my immediate vicinity to see if there was anything I could throw or break. Hours later, we are walking the dogs, and then we go back outside for my last cig of the night. Since I was still pissed, and it had been hours of being pissed, I decided to smoke some happy green to see if that would mellow me out some (normally I look down on people who use things to change their mood, but last night? fuck it.). IT DIDN'T. Think about that. I got altered, and I was still pissed. That should give you some idea of how I felt.

(Edit: This was as far as I got, and then it was saved to draft. I decided to leave it as-is. In case you're curious, however, Diva and I took the Greyhound up to MN.)


~Do not expand~

No comments: