Tuesday, June 28, 2005

The details.

Saturday we were able to get the moving truck at 9am. You'd think that would mean we could get out of there at a decent time, wouldn't you?
Nope.
There was no one available to help us out, and as much inner strength I have, it does not translate to muscles! :D Our neighbors (yep, the rednecks) ended up helping us with the heavier stuff, and the last minute packing. Very cool of them.
We arrived at our new house at midnight. We did not want to unload at that point. Luckily, the place we had to drop the truck off wasn't open on Sunday. If it was, we would have had to unload right then, and get the truck back by 9am. That was not gonna happen.
Sunday morning, when we woke up, we were wishing like hell the truck would unload itself. Sadly, it didn't. Our landlord helped us with a couple of the heavy things in the back that would have been impossible for me. Like the huge doghouse, for example. The rest we did ourselves (with the exception of the beast-a-couch). We had such trouble staying motivated, since we were dead on our feet AND hadn't had anything to eat either Saturday or Sunday.
We did refresh ourselves with watermelon at one point (Thanks ~S!). That helped for a little while.
When the truck was finally unloaded (took all freakin' day!), I discovered we had the makings for sandwiches. I promptly declared to the Husband that we were complete idiots. We should have eaten earlier. Oh well. We didn't know.
It was time to take the truck back. I had to follow in the van (so we'd have a way back). I watched Husband try and turn the 26' truck around by our house. It wasn't happening. He was going to have to back down our road, and onto the main road. I offered to go first, so I could sit on the main road, and he wouldn't have to worry about traffic from that direction. He thought it was a good idea, I jumped back in the van, ready to pull out...

Next thing I know, I am laying in the grass, with Husband asking stupid questions like 'How do you feel?' and 'What's the last thing you remember?' Idiot. I was at peace in the grass. It was a nice cool spot to be. I didn't know how I got there, but it felt great! I just wanted him to leave me alone.

A little while later, I realized how strange it all was. I tried to remember how I got there, or what I had been doing right before the whole relaxing in the grass episode. Nothing. Ah, now I started to worry. I scrunched up my brain, but remembered nothing. Then, it occurred to me, I could ask.

"Why am I in the grass?"

It turns out, I had a seizure. That explains the memory loss. As far as timing, it couldn't have been more perfect (sort of). I was in the van, but I hadn't started driving yet. That would have been really really bad. There was no warning, no trigger (as far as I know). Just dumb luck, if you can call it that. The only real side effects that happened were a headache, and me biting my tongue pretty hard. Yesterday, I had a hard time talking around the injured tongue.

If I remember correctly, Husband got a neighbor to follow him to the truck drop-off place. Don't quote me on that, but I can't figure out any other way he would have gotten it back...

Yesterday, I tried unpacking some, organizing, deciding where things would go, etc. This is going to take a while to finish.

I realize this post doesn't flow as well as my posts normally do. Just the facts, Ma'am.
I'll get back to normal very soon. I'm trying to limit my online time -- or at least balance it between unpacking.

~Do not expand~

1 comment:

~J~ said...

Yeah, I'm good. Tongue is still healing. I would advise against repeating my actions (in this case, anyway). :D