Monday, June 06, 2005

Seriously need to get my head checked... I think it needs a tune-up

I had a very busy weekend. We were packing, and we brought a couple loads out to the new house. I walked around figuring out exactly where everything is going to go. We have so much shit, I tells ya. Bedrooms are a bit smaller, but there are three of them. Plus, we won't have to put all the 'extra' furniture in the living room. In fact, I'll be putting one of our bookcases in the kitchen. We will have room in the dining room for people to actually sit around the table (as opposed to only 2 sides exposed for chairs). We really need a computer desk. A small computer desk.
It will be really nice having a sewing room. Granted, it'll be a bit more crowded with both of our machines in there... But I can totally deal with that to have a separate place to sew!
So, I've been there twice. I pretty much have everything placed where it's going to go (in my head), except for one very, very, very important item. Something crucial to my everyday living. As in, if I was on a desert island, I'd want this with me.


My coffee maker.


Are you laughing at me?? *huff*
Seriously though. I was in the kitchen, comparing counters, cupboards, etc. I tried to figure out where it would be the most convenient, but also, the least invasive. Since I cannot figure out which space on the counter to put it, I've been coming up with all kinds of hare-brained ideas. Like in our bathroom. Makes sense -- it's the first place you go when you wake up. Right? Or the living room -- just because it's comfortable in there, and why not do something different?
This is a serious problem, folks...
I can figure out how to arrange all our shit in the smaller bedrooms, but the coffee maker????? My brain is totally misfiring.

~Do not expand~

1 comment:

~J~ said...

That's perfect!! I love that idea!

...Now to find a shelf.