Thursday, July 28, 2005

#15 through #27 of 100 compliments

I thought I would compliment people who are not online (or, at least, don't know about this site).

First of all, my mom. She is a pillar of strength. ( I should know we've been fighting my entire life! *laugh*) She had a tumor in her brain stem, and they removed as much as possible -80%-, and she survived. This was two or three years ago. The doctors said she may never walk again, or use her left hand (which sucked since she is a lefty), and a bunch of other stuff. While the rest of my family members were collapsing into hysterical sloppy heaps, I wasn't as concerned. My mother is a fighter. I knew she would prove those doctors wrong. And she has!! She hasn't quite been the same since, but our relationship has improved. The rest of my family members are still nuts. *laugh*

My daughter, Little Diva, is just that - a diva. She continues to amaze me (and frustrate the hell outta me, but what else should I expect?). I have never known anyone to be so full of so many varied talents. And I'm not just saying that as her mom. She wants to get into the entertainment business, and I believe she will succeed. How could she not? She has my attitude!

My dogs, Saturn and Neptune, are the best. I know they aren't people, but they deserve a few words anyway. They are incredibly well behaved, and they have never been trained. It is just in their nature. They are both so patient and tolerant. You should see them putting up with hugs from Little Diva!! They have never bit us, or even snapped at us - and we have even put our hands in their mouth tempting them (dumb, I know, but I wanted to know what they would do.). I have complete faith in my dogs around little children, and that, I think, says it all.

The Great Ceremonialist has always fascinated me. He appears so humble. He doesn't spout off about his incredible wealth of knowledge. In fact, he prefers people to find the answers to their own questions. He is someone I trust. I would love to sit down, pick his brain, and learn all the stuff he knows!! I think of him as both mentor and friend.

N*, I admire that you are yourself, no matter what.

My Willow Tree, I have watched you change and grow into the person you now are. I love your strength and your creativity. I'm glad you've got my back, and I've got yours. Always.

Sprout, you are the happiest baby I have ever seen. I am going to enjoy watching you grow up.

Landlord, I love that you are still living life to the fullest. I hope I am doing that when I get older.

J.K. Rowling, you have the incredible talent of building a story up, climaxing, and bringing it back down without ever losing your reader's interest.

Starr, you are a very humble teacher. You have no idea how much I appreciate that!!

My husband, how could I live without you? (That's about as gushy as you're going to get, mister!)

Cousin N, you have grown into quite a man. I remember the hell-on-wheels you used to be! I am quite impressed with your transformation.

~Do not expand~

No comments: