Thursday, December 02, 2004

Feeling Refreshed

I feel refreshed today.
I changed my normal routine. After my kid got on the bus, I checked my email (because it is supposedly important to keep in contact with the outside world). I looked at a couple other things online, and then turned it off. I crawled back into bed to read. I haven't done that in so long! I ended up falling asleep (and who wouldn't?).
When I woke up, I stayed offline and continued to read.
I remembered who I used to be before I got into the habit of being online at a certain time of day. I had thoughts of improvement for the house. I had thoughts of sewing projects I wanted to complete. I felt anticipation for tomorrow (Husband is taking the day off of work).
I don't feel like a drone any longer.
And I like the feeling.
I no longer have a sense of false obligation to follow my routine. It's strange that I ever did. I have a renewed sense of purpose.
I think one of the current phases I'm in is coming to an end.
It was good -- and it will continue to get better.

No comments: