Monday, December 13, 2004

My weekend

Hello folks! Get your weekend update here...


Friday: Cooked supper (a rarity nowadays). Ate supper. Felt full. (Okay, sorry. I'm just being stupid.) Our Trucker friend came over, and we all went Yule shopping. That was like a live jigsaw puzzle. We were buying for each other without that person seeing what we bought. Quite fun, actually. First husband and Trucker go through the line with Kid's stuff. And ran it out to the van. They came back in, and I gave Husband the gift for Trucker, and he went up and paid for that. At the same time, I handed Trucker a gift for Husband -- since he was buying something in electronics anyway. All spy missions were successful.
When we got back we unloaded Trucker's van. He'll be living out of his truck for a while (he's already in it 5-6 days a week anyway). He just can't justify paying for an apartment for 1-2 days a week. Anyway, he wanted us to hang on to some of his electronics. He didn't want to put them in storage where they might get damaged by the elements. A win-win situation. He's not worried about his stuff, and we have a better TV to watch now!!! Hooked up through a stereo and everything! Couch, here I come! After it was all set up, we watched The Ref. Great holiday movie. Lots of swearing, arguing, and gun waving. I love it.

Saturday: The day of the big Yule party. We still didn't know if our sitter was going to work out. Sitter's family was planning a surprise b-day thing for her (that she, of course, didn't know about). We finally found out she wouldn't be able to make it work. That meant, of course, only one of us could go. We had already decided ahead of time that it would be me. Only I really didn't want to go without him. I decided I would probably regret missing the 'big party', so I stuck to the original plan. I was also Sober Cab for the evening (I always am). The party was fun. I'm glad I went. I got to see some people I haven't seen in a while. The drumming was fantastic. There was a new rhythm I've never heard before. It caught my attention away from what I was doing. I got another hickey from my gay friend, and I wasn't the only one. I love that guy!! We finally decided to leave. When we got home, Husband was still awake and surprised we were back so early. I was even more surprised he was up. Pleasantly surprised. We played Playstation for a bit (Celebrity Deathmatch), and went to bed. I was so happy to be home and with him. Weirdly so.

Sunday: We spent a couple hours with Trucker before he had to leave. After that, we didn't do much of anything. That was nice. Husband did run to the store for some groceries. We watched Last Laugh 2004. It was pretty good. If it happened in 2004, they made fun of it. Or tried. There really is a lot to choose from. It's been a very weird year.

Well, there you have it. I'll bet you feel fulfilled, and can go on with your life after reading about mine. I know. I'm cool. *hair flip*

No comments: