Friday, February 15, 2008

Anti-Valentine's Day



We had an Anti-Valentine's Day potluck/party last night. It was for all the people that either don't care about Valentine's Day (like us) or don't have a partner to screw up with.

It was pretty great. A couple friends made Un-valentine hearts with sayings like, "I loathe you", "Heartless Bitch", "Pure Evil", "Be my Beergoggle Valentine", and "Black Shriveled Raisin Heart". On the back were instructions of what we were supposed to do if we picked that heart. There were some crazy ones! Well, crazy for the people that drew them... We ended up pinning the hearts to our clothes, and wore them proudly - like badges of honor. I drew two extra - just to wear them.




I was also told by someone (prominant dumbass) that I was harmless. He then amended it to 'mostly harmless'. (~Who can tell me what that is from?~) What he doesn't realize is, I have been holding back the entire time he has known me. I'm sure the older generation would call this growing up. I disagree. I am just more selective with my behaviors. Plus, my daughter is ALWAYS around. I have to censor quite a bit because of that. It kinda sucks. I used to give off the vibe of being "trouble", and now I'm harmless? Fuck. I really need my life back. I've even been called a prude recently - more than once. Yeah, that's me.

The problem is, the people that could back me up, won't. Thank god. They don't need to talk about that type of stuff unless I say it's okay. And I won't say it is. I value my privacy. I suppose the only one that could say anything would be L (husband), but I like to keep that private too. No one needs to know about that shit either. Damn it.

Happy Belated Anti-Valentine's Day!!!!!!!!!

I will upload the pic of my hearts later. I still need to get it off my camera.

2 comments:

Seanachais said...

There is nothing too obscure, and Douglas Adams is nowhere NEAR obscure enough. "What's so bad about being drunk? Ask a glass of water."

Gimme a hard one ;>

~J~ said...

Girl, I knew you'd know where it was from! *laugh*