Monday, February 18, 2008

Valentine's Day Card *some Mush Alert*

My husband broke the rules of Anti-Valentine's Day and brought home a card for me. He has this way of picking the perfect card. I've accused him of having an insider at Hallmark.

If any of you know our story, you'll see how perfectly this follows it:

~The card~

There I was-
one minute getting to know you,
enjoying you and wondering
where it would all lead...
and the next,
thinking about you all the time,
knowing that I never, ever
wanted to be without you!
I guess that's the way life is.
You're going along
doing your everyday things,
and out of the blue, life gives you
this wonderful present,
a present you had no idea
how much you wanted.
That's what you are
to me, you know,
a precious gift...

Falling in love with you
was something I hadn't expected,
but being in love with you
is something I couldn't stop,
even if I tried.
What I'm trying to say is -
You're "it" for me, now and forever.
Linda Lee Elrod



Isn't that great? To top it off, the very next day I was bitchy as hell (laptop problems). He comes home with another card just to cheer me up. Sometimes I forget... how great he is, how well he knows me, how lucky I am, and how much he truly loves me, unlike others that came before.

4 comments:

cricket said...

oh how sweet!! :) and you survived the mush!! ;)

~J~ said...

Barely... I may still be recovering.

Anonymous said...

I just received that card from my girlfriend, I felt like she wrote it. Awesome !!

Anonymous said...

My boyfriend got me that card on our one yr anniversary February 14I 2012:)