Sunday, February 03, 2008

We did what????

The world must have ended. Hell froze over, or maybe pigs are flying.


We had a Super Bowl party. Let me say that again...

We had a Super Bowl party.

Granted, it was last-minute. We didn't have anything else to do. One of our friends wanted to watch it. Why not have a party? Most of the people I hang with don't watch football. It seemed like a great idea to have a party for something we couldn't give a flying rat's ass about.

I called everyone in the vicinity, and only a few people didn't show up.

I have no idea what happened during the game. I only paid attention during the commercials. Those were great!

What was up with no cheerleaders during halftime? I didn't want to see Tom Petty. I couldn't find a place to escape for the entire performance. And thanks to the DVR, I had the extreme pleasure of watching it twice. Twice. I get a headache just thinking about it.

We had the usual aspects of a Super Bowl party. We had people cheering both teams. We had snacks. We even had the "I've had too much to drink" person. Which, of course, led to the person that went after the drunk person - in the rain. What more could a football lover like me ask for?

Here's what. Because we recorded it instead of watching it live, the ending didn't get recorded. Sweet! I have no idea what the final score is, but I do know who won - the team I picked with all of my football expertise. I used a very scientific method. I like New York. The city, the state... I don't even know where the Patriots are from. Wait, was it Boston? I have no idea. The Giants are from New York, and that's all I needed to know. Team picked!

Why does it always seem like the Super Bowl teams have the same colors?
Maybe it's just me.

Well, folks, I'm tired. I am off to some relaxed state. Couch good, sleep better...

No comments: