Wednesday, March 23, 2005

I was going to reply with a comment, but...

it got to be too long. Plus, if there are any others that have misunderstood me, I'd like to clear things up.

This is in reference to my 'Proof of insanity spreading' post.

The two comments I received:
Raven said...
That was a good example of something I find disturbing. This growing religious fanatism in America. Next thing they'll be putting people to the question. I have no problem with people that have a strong faith in their religion. Just don't try to force it on the rest of us.

5:01 AM


Nat said...
it certainly doesn't read like he's trying to force it on anyone. can't a christian guy have a blog?

you sound just as self-righteous as you claim him to be.

4:04 PM


My response:

Nat-
I think you missed my point. He can be as Christian as he wants to be. He can have an all-Christian blog. It is his right to preach from his blog, if he wants.
I mentioned his 'Mission'. I have copy/pasted it here:

Mission
Christian Line is a Christian Weblog Devoted to the Betterment of America Through a Return to Basic Christian Values.


This is what I had a problem with. The 'Betterment of America'. He can improve his own life in whatever way he sees fit, but bettering the country for the rest of us?
I just want the freedom to worship any way I want, and if this continues, that freedom will be taken from me.

I am not self-righteous. I am scared out of my mind.

3 comments:

Robin Alexa said...

EXACTLY! Can't this type of people get it through their heads that we don't tell them what to do so stop effing trying to tell us what to do with our lives, particularly our own bodies!?!?!?!?!

Mutableblue said...

"Betterment of America Through a Return to Basic Christian Values."

the first thing that came to my mind was what have Christian values done for our country lately?

nope, time to broaden our horizons. The thought returning to basic Xtian values scares me as well.

Naughti Biscotti said...

J...my favorite topic. Whoo hoo!!! I checked this guys blog out. Who is he kidding?
I did post a comment on it though. I wasn't hateful, but I did direct him to my blog. I asked him to read "Jesus lived in my basement" and "Satan drops by". Let's see if he sends me any hate mail or behaves in a Christian manner. I'm go'n to hell!!!