Monday, March 28, 2005

I'm still around, I promise...

Hey y'all!
I've been sick. I started to get better, but...
Relapse kicked my ass last night. Probably from all the running.
Friday we went to the castle (yes, my friends have a castle in the mountains. How cool is that??). There were just a few of us that night. A very intimate circle around the fire. I actually learned how to drum!! This is huge. I've been terrified to try it because my husband and kid are total music naturals. Seriously. My kid can pick up just about any instrument, and make music -- even if she has never even heard of that instrument before.
So, anyway, this girl (she was so cool!) taught me the couple things she learned back in the beginning. I actually was playing a drum around the fire with the group. SO COOL!!!
We stayed the night, and drove home Saturday. We had to stop and get groceries, and then about a mile (if that) from my house, a tire blew. Sounded like a gunshot. Then a lug nut got rounded off, and all kinds of drama. But we live in the South. Very helpful people down here. With the help of the guy that lived by our flat tire crisis, everything turned out fine.
We got home in time to power clean for our company that was coming over, and staying late. That was a lot of fun, especially at the end when we could just not stop talking, and it was getting later and later and later...
I drove one of my friends home. We left here at 5am. I got back a few minutes after 6am.
So after all the running and stuff, I relapsed hard. I think I'm on the road to recovery again. The hardest part has been the headaches. I don't get headaches, and I have been getting them daily while sick. And not mild little throbbers. Oh no, can't have that. Light, sound, movement... Everything made the pain go up a notch. It was like the symptoms that go along with a migraine, but I don't think the pain was intense as a migraine. I didn't feel sick to my stomach or anything. Couple this with my dislike of taking any meds, and blech. I eventually would take some ibuprofen, and it would help. I always tried coffee (caffeine) first, though.

On Friday we leave for Atlanta, and I am starting to get a little stressed. I'm usually better prepared by now, but it feels like time is just racing pass me. It's hard to believe that it's already here.

Plus, spring break is upon us. It started last Friday. Good Friday. I don't understand this holiday at all. No, I mean it. I didn't grow up with it, so I don't know what the Christians believe it means. I know the pagan origins, and I know the Jehovah's Witnesses don't celebrate holidays (because of pagan origins). So anyway, the whole thing. Lent, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday, Easter, etc... If someone could explain what these symbolize, I'd be grateful. Right now, I'm just a big ball of confusion.

No comments: