Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Needed to purge...

Whew! I have a second to write a few things down.

We have been deciding whether to homeschool Little Diva or not. Here's the thing: I really really really need my alone time. Usually I get that when she goes to school (summers are kinda hard on me). I'll have to give that up.
Since it is absolutely killing me to send her back to the Psycho Bitch of the Highest Degree her teacher everyday, I am willing to make that sacrifice!!

We found out today everything we'll have to do to get her pulled out of her current hell school.
We need to enroll her in an umbrella school for the remainder of the year. After she finishes that, we can homeschool her here w/o any umbrellas. We think we may have found one. It is Christian though. *sigh* We don't actually have to meet face-to-face, so that's good. We also get to pick our books, curriculum, and how we teach things to her.

Anyway.

Sorry. I didn't mean to turn this into a mommy blog.

Tell you what. I'm going to get it all out in this one post, k?

Halloween was wonderful as always! I LOVE Halloween! And while we were trick-or-treating, someone wished me a Happy New Year!!! It was very cool. I spun about, with a big ass grin on my face, and said in a happy/surprised/bouncy way, "Yeah, You too!!!!" (Not exactly original, I know. I was just so surprised!) So that made my night.
(Witches' New Year)
Little Diva went to her Halloween dance, and met her first date. (And for those of you paying attention, I never had a mommy-freak-out.) She tried to teach him some dance moves, and he really tried to follow along. I've seen her dance. I wouldn't consider that one of her skills. She does get into it though! Anyway, her date, after trying for awhile, said, "I don't think this is going to work out.", and walked off the dance floor. The end of her first date. *laugh* And in true Diva style, she found a different boy to hang with, and have the last dance with.

She reminds me of Cordelia from the Buffy shows at times.

Teacher Vent:
If I hear "all the other kids are doing it" or "none of the other kids (fill in the blank" even one more time, I am going to put a smack down on the bitch. Seriously. If she just said it to us to give us some perspective on how Diva is doing in class, that's one thing. BUT she is saying it to her.
Two weeks ago, I kept Diva home from school ...to sleep. Yes, that's right. She had been up late (as in 11pm or later) almost every night doing homework. Reading comprehension is not her strongest scholastic trait, and it messes up all her subjects. Anyway, her teacher calls me to find out if she is sick. Whatever. I told her she was exhausted. She called back later to say if Diva was awake and could make it in by 11:30am, she wouldn't be counted absent (They were going for an attendance award.). Little Diva decided on her own to go to school. I was so proud!! When she got there, her teacher was happy to see her. Later, she told diva, "That's ridiculous to stay up that late. No one else stays up that late doing homework." Bitch. Yeah, keep tearing down her self esteem for working her little butt off at home. That'll encourage her.
I hate her teacher, and I hate sending her to that classroom. We need to get her out as soon as possible. Then we can ALL have our lives back.

~Do not expand~

No comments: