Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Question

generated by sloganizer.net

A blog is to be used for all those extra thoughts we have. Or sometimes it is just a place to vent until we can think straight again. Sometimes it is used to feel less lonely, and sometimes to relish the thought of being alone. Blogs are used to keep friends updated on your life, or to have a private part your friends know nothing about.

A blog is a friend to turn to when you need to just talk. And the blog always listens. Never judgmental, never hurtful. A blog is always what you need it to be. Always.

Well, maybe not always. Not the blog's fault however.

If we turn to our blogs in times of need - even if the need is just to vent, what do we do if we need to empty our thoughts about a reader of the blog? If someone does not know about your blog, it gives you every freedom in the world to post about it. Because it is anonymous. But if the person reading it knows it is about them, anonymity is gone. You then must be tactful and polite, instead of sarcastic and crass. Well, for me anyway.

When one of these situations comes up, what is a blogger to do? When we have all this stuff inside that would normally go on the blog, where do we put it?

~Do not expand~

3 comments:

Outburst said...

I've been through that.
I posted something less than happy about someone and put it subtle hints that I believed only they would catch on to.
Perhaps I was too subtle in my hints though, because I don't know if they ever read it.

HannoverFist said...

I started my blog to be a place to keep my PRIVATE thoughts. Then I found I wasn't using it at all, so I started poting whatever was most prominent in any given day. I wear my blog on my sleve now. I tell people, "You're welcome to check it out, but there IS the possibility of seeing more than you may wish."

My blog is for when I don't want to, or can't, be subtle. There are still areas I won't touch because of the things you bring up, but there's always other things to blog about.

Of course, I can't say that I've ever directly dealt with someone reading something bad about them.

Robin Alexa said...

Yep I know. I think you need a blog you share and a completely anonymous blog you rant on.