Wednesday, January 12, 2005

I want a normal schedule back!!!


Oh, to be that comfortable... Posted by Hello


I have been battling insomnia for over a week now. It all started with a pleasant night like any other pleasant night. I had decided to read myself to sleep. It is a sure-fire way to get me to sleep. I read, and re-read, and eventually drop the book.

Not this foul evening. No sirree! Morning came, and I was still in bed reading. Reading! Who can read all night without falling asleep??? I can't. At least I didn't think I could. Geez! I even got up at 3:30am, went outside, smoked, read some more, finally came back inside at 5am -- in time to hear the alarm clock ringing.

I lay back down, marveling at the fact that I haven't slept. There wasn't any reason for it. It's not like I slept all day, and then was up all night. Nope. Just your normal day. Except now it was tomorrow, and I didn't have any REM in between. *sigh*

I then tried to sleep all day. Which, of course, I had no problem falling asleep. But staying asleep? *groan* The phone kept waking me up. Me? The phone? I sleep like the dead. I am one of those people that can't hear alarms, phones, buses crashing into my bedroom... (okay that last one never happened, but you get the point) And the phone isn't even in my bedroom. And I didn't give a flying rat's ass being fucked by an elephant about the phone or who was calling. And yet, there I was, waking up.

Well, that was days and days and days ago.... (or at least it feels like it). I am still trying to get back on track. I am trying to fix something when I don't know the problem. *sigh* I have hope for tonight. I didn't nap at all today, and I had at least an hour of sleep last night...

Things look hopeful. I may actually get to enjoy my regularly scheduled REM.

No comments: