Monday, January 24, 2005

Let it snow...

I was hoping we would get a bunch of snow or freezing rain or something...
Why?
I wanted school to be canceled.
Why would I be so insane to want my kid to stay home?
Easy. I'm feeling lazy. Lazy doesn't even cover it. I want to stay in bed, reading all day, drinking coffee, and only getting up to use the bathroom.
Which, I can hear you now, I should be able to do while kid is at school. True, so very true. But not today. Today I get to go to a conference at school. My kid has been 'falling apart', as the teacher puts it, in school. This is a concern, but I have since talked to my kid and found out what was wrong. Pressure. Kid is putting too much pressure on herself. It's all about assignments, getting all of them done and turned in -- AND she wants to be an A B Honor Roll student.

This way too much for a little kid to do to herself, but maybe the conference will be helpful. Maybe the teacher will know how to handle it, cuz I sure don't. I have tried reassuring her, telling her not to worry so much, tried being encouraging, but I'm always met with the "Oh mom. You are so sweet to concern yourself with me. But you just don't understand....*pat pat* look. Makes me wonder what she knows that I don't.

No comments: