Thursday, January 27, 2005

Ramblings of the Village Idiot

I'm feeling better today. I still hate Bitch, but I don't suppose that feeling will pass quickly.

I'm almost done with a book I've been reading which is great! You know why? So I can start on the rest of a completely different series. Yay me.

I was feeling so drained last night, it seemed impossible to move. Husband waited on me. I'm so lucky!! And before you get all up in arms: It wasn't major 'waiting'. More like he got me a soda so I didn't have to get up kind of thing. It was nice. If he wouldn't have done it, I would have been soda-less. That's how drained I was. Willing to endure (and maybe die from) thirst.

I have taken quite a few more tests lately, and all the results are on the other blog. I finally linked to it on my sidebar. Took me long enough!!

I was unbelievably reading news stories today. That is so unlike me! Of course while I'm reading them, I am doubly reminded why I don't read/watch the news anymore. I am (was) very interested in what is going on, and, at the same time, I can't stand hearing about all the crap. It's quite the stressor.

Have any of you read about the suicide attempt gone bad in California? Some dipshit wanted to take his own life, and decided being hit by a train was the way to go. He parked his SUV on the tracks in such a way that he couldn't drive off if he wanted to. (That's right. Stuck.) He, of course, rethought his death decision (probably because seeing a train speeding towards you is terrifying -- even if you want to die), jumps out --JUST IN TIME-- , and watches the train collide with the now empty SUV. Did the train just push the poor innocent vehicle out of the way? Nope. The train decided to join a gymnastics team with its fancy new tricks. It crashes, derails, and jumps the tracks to crash into another train. Dipshit stood there watching the whole thing. Eleven people died in this fiasco, and many more were injured. But not the one that wanted to die, oh no. He waited until later to slit his wrists and try to stab himself in the chest. Did he die then? Nope. All that got him was being held (as in restrained to the bed) without bail in the jail's hospital ward.

Here's what strikes me about this whole story. If you are feeling suicidal, why death by train? What would make a person choose such a violent way to end their life? Why not shooting themselves (in privacy of their own home)? Or take the peaceful way out -- pills (in the privacy of their own home)? Or even hanging themselves -- which is particularly gruesome (in the privacy of their own home)? Why train? Why watch death hurtling towards you? Why delay death? I'm not saying I'm an advocate for suicide, all I'm saying is keep other people out of it! There are plenty of choices out there. For all you suicidal people: choose better!! Think about the ones that will discover your body, or even if anyone will. Think: Will I hurt anyone else (physically) by doing what I have planned? I mean, even jumping off a building is a bad idea. You could land on someone. You could seriously traumatize the ones you splatter when your guts explode all over the place. At the very least, it'll be a mess, and someone might get stained. What if they are on their way to an interview or a date?? How will they explain the meat clinging to them? Not a good first impression. I say it again: Choose better. Choose cleaner. Choose a way you'll be discovered before someone wonders what that smell is....

2 comments:

~J~ said...

Yeah, it hasn't really bothered me yet. In fact, I get a kick out of the people looking shocked that I don't know what is going on!
Remember the hurricanes we just had not too long ago (Huuricane Ivan was one, I believe)? I found out about it through an IM conversation. *laugh* Oh yeah, good times...

~J~ said...

OMG!! They found Saddam!!!!!!




yes, I'm kidding...