Monday, January 24, 2005

Misery for one and all!! (I'm generous like that)

Sunday morning I woke up to my husband and child arguing. Loudly.

And I was thankful.

I was having a dream that was just dragging on and on like a bad movie that you can't turn off because you need to see how it ends -- but you wish the end was here already!!
And since I don't like to be miserable alone, I'll tell you my long boring dream. You're excited now, aren't you?

There is a cast of characters that (since it was a dream) don't have names, but I'll give them ones so no one gets confused, okie?

There was this guy friend of mine that I was secretly having sex with. We'll call him Bob. Now depending on the 'dream scene', he either had a slew of kids or he didn't. (And btw, I have no idea why I was having sex with this guy -- he looked like a big dumb country oaf. Not my type!)
Enter female friend of mine. We'll call her Jane. She starts hanging out with/sorta dating Bob. There's a catch. She's already dating another mutual friend, call him Matt.
She starts having feelings for Bob, and still has feelings for Matt. She needs to decide: Do I continue cheating on Matt with Bob (and 'never heard of birth control' kids)? Or do I break up with Matt, and start dating Bob?
This situation wouldn't normally concern me, but Matt is a friend -- and I'm sleeping with Bob, of which she has no idea.
Which leads to a little moral dilemma of my own: Do I tell Jane I'm screwing this guy because she is suddenly on my turf developing feelings, for Pete's sake?!? Or do I keep my secret and continue doing what I'm doing no matter how her own little drama plays out (basically competing with her)? Or do I step back and let them have whatever they are trying to have?
The dream continued through all kinds of scenarios(like Bob looking at new cars to buy), and details (like finding out oaf Bob is very rich). But still, it always came back to the same headache-causing moral questions for both Jane and I.

After I woke up, I was a little bit ticked off that I didn't think to make Bob decide. My god! He was the one deceiving both of us. And poor innocent defenseless Matt...
A solution was never reached, but I don't care.

Now do you see why waking up to an argument can make me happy?

And the best part of all? The entire dream had B movie coloring...

I'm so happy to be awake!

No comments: