Monday, February 21, 2005

Manic

I need to rant about someone. We'll call her Manic. We should call her that in real life anyway...

2 events: The one she's been spouting off about for months, and the one coming up next week.

Let's start off with the spouting. Back in the fall, she said she was organizing this great thing for the children. They would actually get to perform. Rehearsals were to begin in January.
At this time, I would like to point out she said we would all have to commit, and be very responsible, and show up for all practices... She stressed that point so much that it seemed to me she was implying she was the only one of us that could handle it, but could we put forth our best effort in our childish way?
Did you get that? Commitment, Responsibility, and Showing Up.
Fast forward to January. I haven't heard any word from Manic. I have no idea when practices are supposed to start. I happen to run into her, and, like the idiot I am, ask about this Big Thing she was planning for the kids. She replies that she thought no one would want to do it anymore (referring to another community mess she's in that I don't care about. It doesn't involve what she promised my kid.) I assured her that my kid was still interested.
Practices were then supposed to begin in February.
Now it is February, and I hadn't heard anything --- until I, unexpectedly, saw her Saturday.
Practices are to begin in March, and now she wants the practices to be every other Friday -- even though ever since she mentioned this whole thing, back in the fall, practices were to be on Saturday. Fridays suck for us. I have a class. Husband has something he does every other Friday.
Here's her gag-worthy solution: She will learn the belly dancing moves on Friday, and teach it to the girls Saturday. I so don't think so. If anyone is going to teach my kid belly dancing, it will be a belly dancer -- not some loose fat Manic that thinks way too highly of her sex appeal. (And that's not just me saying that. She has gone up and kissed unsuspecting people before, shoving her tongue down their throats. All people she has slipped the tongue make the Bad Beer Face when she gets mentioned.) I am tempted to just tell her it has become too much of a mess, and that she hasn't followed through on anything she has said -- and we are backing out. Can I do that? Opinions if you got 'em.

Now next week: On February 5th, she said she was writing something and had a part for my kid. She said she'd be emailing me the next week telling me what it was. (BTW, she also said she would email the schedule for the above rant at the same time.)
On the 17th, I emailed her asking about the part. I hadn't heard from her since the 5th. She replies she will be mailing out the parts Sunday. She said this to more than one person, and here it is Monday. Manic still hasn't emailed anything. She was even specific about it. She said she would be mailing it around 2am. It should be here by now. How the hell is my kid supposed to learn her part if it isn't here???

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, you KNOW I have an opinion, especially since my SO was one of the ones subjected to her lizard tongue! Actually - so was I!! *shudder*
Anyway, you can ABSOLUTELY tell her where to get off, especially since she was stressing the 'responsiblity' think and is the queen of irresponsible herself! Course you KNOW she'll play victim, so be prepared.
Oh, and thank you so much for the belly dancing information. I needed that. (shake the etch-a-sketch)

~J~ said...

I have been trying to shake the etch-a-sketch ever since last Saturday. Hasn't worked yet. I think my eraser is broke...

~J~ said...

AND you've seen the Bad Beer Face!! Husband was a victim too.

Lisa said...

You're not obligated to do anything. She's not being responsible, and she changed the plans. If you have a conflict with the new plans, so be it. Get out of it. Good luck! You and Seanachis (preserving anonymity) make her sound absolutely disgusting!