Sunday, February 27, 2005

Fight or Flight

I was asked how it all worked out. Here's the answer:

The script was thrown out because all parents (and others) were pissed. And Manic became very contrite.

She was already acting that way towards me. She was thanking me for reminding everyone that is was about the children (and only the children). She assured me (like I needed it) that everyone could change the script to what would feel better for them.

And, of course, afterwards, she was praising the diva that is my child. As proud as I was, I just mutely nodded, and brushed past her. Then as we were leaving, she rushed to catch me to hand me something for my kid. Again, just nodded and tried to keep moving. She said she hoped that they wouldn't lose us at this craft/story thing that is for the kids -- that she stopped doing, but is suddenly back in charge. I tried not to even answer, just kept heading down the stairs. Then I hear it. The note of desperation.
"Will we see you again?" (we meaning I) Translation: "Do you hate me now?"
So, as I'm walking, leaving, I very non-committally (not a word, I know) said, "Meh, probably." As in,' sure, if we just happen to run in to each other, you'll see me.'

I wanted to run when I saw her. I think I'm afraid of feeling this much angst? anger? hatred? towards someone. It's almost as though the feeling is more powerful than I am.

But now I'm happy!!! That was yesterday, and the drama is over (as far as I'm concerned). I'm sure there will be fallout, but that will be minor.

I didn't tell her off, and I'm kinda disappointed in myself. But when we got there, it just didn't feel right. Maybe because I couldn't even think about talking to her without my gag reflex kicking in.

I must have been more stressed then I knew. Husband couldn't wake me up for anything today. He was waking me every hour or so, to no avail. Finally, when he told me it was after 3pm, and I should probably sit up, I was able to. I felt so bad about sleeping that late!! He wasn't mad at all, though. How cool is he? :)

3 comments:

~J~ said...

I don't think she was even aware enough to worry. She's very manipulative, but never considers the consequences.

vincent said...

I GUESS you did the right thing by taking the higher road. Of course I'm a very bitter and resentful old man.

~J~ said...

The higher road? Nope. I just couldn't get my calm, cool, collected self under enough control to pull it off.

Which I still think sucks.