Thursday, February 10, 2005

Reincarnation Musings

I started thinking about my past lives today.
It all started when my kid blew me away with, 'when people die, they go to Heaven or Bad Heaven' (Hell), which we've never taught her. We had a very long discussion about all the different beliefs for afterlife. Especially after she told me she got her 'facts' from Haunted Mansion and Monk.

I know of two of my past lives. In both of them, I was a Lady (not working class, and no, not famous). Then I started thinking about my life now. I was trying to figure out the connection. What lesson am I supposed to learn in this lifetime?

I think I might have figured something out. I think I chose my particular parents because I may have had a problem with materialism. If I was in a family that had money, it just makes sense. The house I was raised in (this life) stressed that materialism is wrong. It plays a big part in how I live my life now.

Hmmm... Seems logical.

2 comments:

~J~ said...

There I was... calmly reading your comment, just toolin' along... until I got to the last line. I am so glad I wasn't drinking anything, or I would have sprayed the monitor!

~J~ said...

It has always fascinated me too -- especially after I found out there are different reincarnation beliefs.
Don't tell my mom though!!! She would freak the fuck out.