Saturday, November 20, 2004

I'm Back!!

I'm back from my road trip. It was fabulous! *ding*

We went to Indianapolis, then to Chicago, and back again.
We were talking the entire time. It was hard to shut up. Except when PB4 (Psycho Bitch 4) called. Then I had no problem keeping quiet. Well, actually.... This one time he was purposely trying to make me laugh while talking to her-- just because I had to keep it quiet. It was fun.
We really got to know each other for the first time. It is kind of hard to get to know someone well when PB4 was always a noise factor. Attention whore from hell. If you weren't paying attention to her, she would force you to. Ahh, my head hurts with the memory.
We covered just about every topic, I think. It turns out we have a lot in common. AND we are totally opposite in others. We were both impressed with one another for some reason. He was impressed with me getting to be who I am now after what my life was like. (I was a little confused by this.) I was impressed he had held out so long with PB4. I never would have been able to do that.
Our childhoods were similar, but we reacted to them differently.
Also, I learned it is hard for two extremely laid back people to make a choice. When both people are good either way, how do you decide? But we somehow struggled through it. :-)
George Carlin rocks!! We listened to two different stand-ups by him. It was great. He was driving, and I was in the back lounging on the bed (We can't talk during Carlin anyway. Sacrilege!!). Carlin is crude, but funny as hell. I would so do him.
And... Check this out... It's unbelievable... He didn't pass out and die from hearing my music!!! I know, I know. Dude is a Superman. What's even stranger... He actually turned up the volume on a few songs. I am still floored by this.
I also learned just how much truck drivers can see into cars. The roof of the car isn't exactly a deterrent like I would have thought. Unfortunately, I didn't get to see anything I wasn't supposed to. From what he told me, people in cars think anything below the windows is hidden. So, they'll scratch themselves or some other thing they wouldn't do in public.
I also remembered how much I DO NOT miss the north. I noticed once again that I was breathing easier once we returned to the hills. Thank god the entire country isn't a flat field. How those people can stand it, I'll never understand. We passed by a lonely house smack dab in the middle of miles of fields. A tornado catastrophe waiting to happen. What do these people have against a few trees? Are they so awful every single one must be cut down? Just for safety reasons, I'd want some trees.
He has an incredible, and detailed, imagination. That was another way I was impressed.
I think I could be a truck driver. Except for that whole going in reverse thing...

No comments: