Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Road Trip

Yep, that's right. I get to go on a road trip. I have no idea where I'm going. I'm just along for the ride (and the company).
But not just any road trip, in a compact -wish I could stretch my legs out- car.
In a semi. A tractor trailer. A big rig. I'll be riding with a trucker. How cool is that? Plenty of room to stretch out. There's a bed, for Pete's sake! Now that's luxury. Road trippin' with a bed.
And not just any trucker. A very cool friend of mine.
He says he's going to pick my brain. I should tell him to buy some ibuprofen. He's gonna need it. By the same token, I may need it too. I plan to do a little pickin' myself.
I'll finally get to hear what all the truckers says over the radio-- which, I've been told, is nothing nice. Apparently, kindergarten behavior comes through like a ton of bricks. It'll be interesting, to say the least.
It will be so different being able to only stop at certain places (due to the size of the truck). That'll take serious planning (which I will promptly forget to do).
I wish I had a new coffee mug. Mine doesn't work so well for travel anymore. It is too loved.
My favorite part of road trips are the trips, itself. Not the destination. All destinations begin to blend after a while-- but the trip? It's a very cozy, yet adventurous feeling. I like it. Just heading down that road... There is nothing like it.

They call me the Breeze...

No comments: