Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Reasonable Fucking Rant

I wish people could see past the end of their own noses. They can't see where they're going, and get mad if you tell them they are heading in the wrong direction.
Whatever. If I say something--even something sounding mean-- I do it from a place of love. If I didn't give a rat's ass about you, why would I bother to say anything at all? And if I am so blunt it injures your fine sensibilities, then that is because you refused to listen when I used tact.

I wish people would stop thinking they know everything about everything. For one thing, it's insulting. If you act like that towards me, then that means you don't think I know anything. Insulting. As if my opinion, observation, knowledge is so inconsequential in the face of your own mighty worldly ways and experiences.

You know what? I am pretty damn smart, and I am not blind. I see more than people think. What?--Do you think I live only in my head?

What's wrong with looking at things from another's perspective? Or considering the different possibilities? Why would someone settle on one conclusion (without having all the facts), and then get worked up about it? I am so sick of attacks. Whether I am the one being attacked or someone else is... It's not fair when the attack comes from inside someone's head instead of reality. And it's not fair when reality is shoved down someone's throat, and they refuse to swallow. And they refuse to swallow from pure stubbornness. Fucking people. I wish the world would just grow the fuck up.

Guess what people? We ALL have issues. Denying them just makes it worse. And yet, almost everyone seems to be in denial. Walking around in a world without people connecting. Like we live on the same planet, but not the same dimension. Like people don't even care about making connections anymore, and begrudge those that do find them. As if they are wrong to trust, because pain will surely follow. Stupid fucking scared of their own shadow people. I am so sick of all this shit. It's exhausting.

It's pretty rare to find someone to be open with-- without either one getting defensive. When you find someone like that, it's worth it to keep them in your life.

But most people stay in their locked iron boxes, and think themselves safe. When really all they've done is close the coffin lid. Slow suicide.

No comments: